Sunday, September 2, 2018

Freedom Singing to Itself



Freedom is razor-sharp

the curved blade that cuts

the head off my neck

& lets the heart blood spout

fountain like



freedom is tender

            with my arms around you

as if they were feathers

            for the wool before my eyes

I cannot see one separate thing



freedom is boring

            going to the toilet

to shit & piss

            every morning looking in the mirror

probing for pimples on the nose



freedom is fire

            I hammer the blazing steel of the thoughts

that shackle everything

            only to have the acid of fear corrode

all that I ever grabbed & held

           

freedom is delicate

the dewdrop that falls
from the leaf above

            makes the web tremble

& the spider rope down further

             

freedom is despair

            no food on the table

with all the good people in chains

            while our leaders spit roast our hearts

to assuage their own fear of lack



freedom is desire

never getting

enough of it

when everything

is always there



freedom is sentimental

            my tears soak your pillow salty

of my being so very special

            as my is head remains stuck

I cannot explore the great blue yonder



freedom is straight & narrow

            deadlines 

timelines

fault lines –

            to bring about many a cleansing disaster



freedom is simply free

            no quality but its own

& there is stillness

            leaves burgeoning in spring

tumble to rot in november



essentially

even stupor is freedom

so is clinging

& so is hate



 knowing thus definitely freedom is
naturally self-affirming

projecting more of gossamer

subtly tremulous presence



I can drink my tea

I can sip my wine

every once in a while

I can look up in the sky



the thought doesn’t even arise

that anyone will ever not partake

in this heart of freedom

forever beating



the only question remains

does appreciation really require

some self mirroring voice

to sell freedom as more special than what is




No comments:

Post a Comment