Monday, March 26, 2018

Birthday Poem for the Beloved

A song of gratitude dedicated to my life partner, Rinchen, in the world known mostly as Dr. Shikha.  It was actually written a few years ago, but I could not say what I wanted to say more accurately and succinctly today. 

In general, Rinchen prefers to remain private.  She's not one for the limelight.  So, I will write her a new and personal birthday poem for her eyes only as well.  She will receive it when she comes back from her clinic, tonight.  

But poets, even reluctant ones such as myself, sometime like to sing out loud... like to hear their melodies echo in other people's ears, minds and hearts.  They like to share, even through a publisher who will be reluctant to publish them, and even on FB no matter if it is a tool to spy on the world and create data bases for nefarious purposes.  Such attempts are all cloudland anyway.

All that counts is the song.  All that counts is the heart in it, shining through.  And Rinchen perfectly embodies the corresponding attitude.  So, Happy Birthday!

 


Rinchen

She – the very naked nameless
dressed the name that suits her
she makes both of us
feel so
cloudlike

quick witted shape shifting presence of
what never is anything in particular
but always will stay
so
unfathomable

not at all fussy and free at heart
she likes when enjoyment
wakes her to the touch
so
innocent

the little she-devil that
monkeys around in the
confines of red dust
so
liberating

Rinchen blessed daughter of
the Enlightened Ones
not hypnotized by her own story
so
delightful

pleased with herself
enjoying pleasing others
but not getting stuck in either
so
loveable

2 comments:

  1. thank you Choyin La for the beautiful words. There meaning is linked to your presence in my Life. Without you I am nobody and no-where. So Thank you for your presence in my life and my whole being. I Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. The photograph, the introduction, the poem, the comment. And, of course, the love.
    Love on, my friends. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete